The Cape York Remote Area Aboriginal And Torres Strait Islander Child Care Advisory Association Inc. (RAATSICC) is committed to protecting the privacy of its member organisations, Executive Committee members, staff and supporters. RAATSICC endorses the recent legislative initiatives concerning the collection, use, security and disclosure of personal information.
RAATSICC makes the following undertakings:
- To take reasonable steps to make individuals aware that RAATSICC is collecting personal information about them.
- The purposes for which RAATSICC is collecting the information, and who RAATSICC may pass the information on to.
- To obtain the permission of the subject or in the case of a child, a person with the legal responsibility for their welfare to use their image for illustrations in RAATSICC publications and other resources including the RAATSICC website.
- To provide individuals with access to whatever personal information RAATSICC might hold about them and to have the information corrected or annotated if the information is incorrect, out-of-date or incomplete.
- To take all reasonable steps to ensure and protect confidentiality and security in the handling and storage of personal information.
- To seek the approval of the individual(s) concerned before any disclosure of personal information to a third party, unless specifically exempted by legislation, or where the individual(s) is previously made aware the information will be disclosed to a third party.
- To have in place a process for dealing with privacy complaints should any individual believe that information about them is not being properly handled by RAATSICC. The process will seek to address complaints quickly and effectively and offer recourse to an independent adjudicator should a complainant not be satisfied by RAATSICC’s internal complaint handling procedures.
Collection of personal information for publication distribution purposes
- Information is collected and used by RAATSICC and our distribution agent to fulfill requests by the public for RAATSICC publications and resources. RAATSICC also uses this information, and the additional information requested, for evaluation and quality management purposes.
- No sale of personal information
- RAATSICC will never sell or receive payment for disclosing your personal information.
Concerns About Your Privacy
RAATSICC Evaluation and Quality Management Processes
To ensure we are creating and distributing the best publications and resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and organisations, RAATSICC is collecting information from those who order, are sent, or use its resources and publications for evaluation and quality management purposes. This information is requested from you voluntarily.
As part of our evaluation processes, RAATSICC prepares reports to the Australian Government Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs, and to our external evaluator, a private contractor. All data used for evaluation and reporting purposed will be anonymous, with no identifying characteristics (such as names) provided to any Government department or other entity.
We treat this information with the strictest confidentiality. Unless an organisation or person participating in the evaluation process has given expressly given their permission for them to be identified and their perspectives to be attributed to them, all data used for evaluation and quality management purposes will be anonymous, with identifying characteristics removed.
While RAATSICC’s distribution agent has made a contractual assurance to RAATSICC that it will respect the privacy and confidentiality of all the information collected for our purposes and will not provide this information to anyone else, RAATSICC cannot make guarantees on behalf of our agent, and is not liable for any failure by our agent to fulfill its responsibilities on this matter.